Field Study - September 30

 Field Notes 

Date & time - September 28 @ 5:06 pm

Climate conditions - cloudy 

Temp - 52°

Length of day - 11 hours and 52 mins

Organisms - I heard birds, crickets and the neighbor dogs. I saw a few birds in the woods. 

Changes noticed - Not much has changed sense my last visit. Not much time has passed, and not many of the leaves have turned/changed yet. I think they will be changing soon, probably by my next visit. There were definitely less animals around at this visit, and I am not sure why. 

Leaf Study 

Here is a picture of north, south, east, and west with the grid on it:

I use the grid to calculate how much of the photo is green for this leaf study. 


This is my data table from the last 2 visits. As you can see, not much at all has changed.

Percentage of green 

north

south

east

west

Visit 1 - sep 8

93%

89%

96%

69%

Visit 2 - sep 30

92%

88%

92%

69%

Here are the raw photos, with the direction labeled in the lower left hand corner, from north, south, east and west. The percentages are listed in "visit 2" on the data table above. 




Theres my notes & pictures! 

Taryn Slenk - September 30 field study
























Comments

  1. Don't forget you still need a picture from the same spot every time...it's ok if you use one of your directional pictures for this if you think it's a good option. You're watching the color change...see if you can notice any patterns (location, species, etc.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study - November 13

October 30 Field Study